- You are here:
Congratulations.....You have completed the first step of implementing the SLIDER Curriculum ----securing LEGO Mindstorm or EV3 Kits.
Depending on the number of kits you have and the number of students that you will have in each class, you may have to modify the build or pull extra pieces from kits to complete the build.
|Unit||Builds Completed||Extra Parts needed|
You will need extra pieces. See below for options.
Truck, Basic Brake, Small Brake Shoe, Large Brake Shoe, Rake Brake
|None (as long as you don't build all three brakes shoes at once per group)|
- 2 small wide rim wheels,
- 2 3x5 Technic L Beams (90 degrees)
- 4 Cross Axle blue connection pieces (with friction),
- 1 12 Unit Cross Axle (12M)
- mass weight
- Narrow rim wheels (switch all 4 wheels to narrow rim wheels)
- 2x4 Technic L Beams (Ang 90 degrees) (use these on the back of the car)
- Cross Axle beige frictionless connection pieces
- Washers as your mass weight (tape the washers on)
- At this point, we don't have a substitute for the 12M cross-axle: You can try the 6M Cross Axle ( or try to alter the Cross Axle's on the truck - to pull a 12 M Cross Axle to the car....or if you have some extra incomplete kits around ---you pull in some extra pieces. You can order these Cross Axles in packs of 50 for $10 from LEGO Education - Item 5003134
Option B: You will need to substitute the following pieces to complete the car build from one NXT kit